PET PREVENTIVE CARE
Dr. Amy is a firm believer in preventive care for all pets!. It is much less expensive to spay your female dog or cat then to raise a litter of puppies and kittens.
Preventing your dog or cat from getting Worms,Ticks or Fleas is much easier and healthier for your pet then trying to rid them of the nasty parasites.
SPAY/NEUTER @ 3-4 MONTHS…
EXCEPT LARGE BREEDS DOGS..THEY WAIT UNTIL 12-18 MONTHS OF AGE
FELINE DECLAW @ SPAY/NEUTER (AS YOUNG AS POSSIBLE)
If you plan on declawing your cat, please have it done when they are young. Declawing an older cat can be more traumatic on them.
- DEWORMING @ 3 WEEKS X2 DOSES TWO WEEKS APART..CHECK FECAL 3 WEEKS AFTER LAST DOSING
FECAL EXAMS ANNUALLY
- TICK AND FLEA CONTROL CAN BE STARTED AT 8 WEEKS OF AGE
PREVENTION CAN BE GIVEN AS EARLY AS 6 WEEKS OF AGE (NO TESTING REQUIRED)
- IF OVER 5 MONTHS OF AGE...PET MUST BE TESTED PRIOR TO STARTING PREVENTION
- IF KEPT ON MONTHLY PREVENTION..RETESTING IS DONE YEARLY
- IF PET HAS MISSED 3 DOSES THEY MUST BE RETESTED BEFORE GIVING PREVENTION